Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sewing

Right now I am super obsessed with sewing. Just like cooking, baking and basically everything else, I do not like following directions. I don't have the attention span to sit down and read directions, cut, pin, read more directions, etc. So I like to just picture things in my head and go from there... it doesn't always work out, but sometimes it works out better than I planned! So my project right now is making a travel hair clip holder.

For those of you who don't know I own a small business with one of my best friends, we make hair accessories (headbands, clips, hats, etc) for girls and women as well as tutu's and fairy wings. This is more of a hobby for us, we love what we do and it's awesome to work at festivals meeting lots of new people and seeing familiar faces who have supported us from day one! Anyway, I am going on vacation next month and I wanted to take some of my hair accessories for myself but don't want to lose them or have them get squished during travel. I am figuring out in my head how I am going to go about this project and attempt to create this travel case. Hopefully by the end of today I will have my first attempt done and I will post a picture.

I love trying new projects but I do wish I had a longer attention span!

Pictures to come soon!

<3 Nicole

*Update, this is what I came up with so far. This was just for my daughters and I. If I decide to make more to sell they well be much cuter! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

<3 Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I want one, my ziploc baggies are sucking it up for Oregon trips, cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to play around more and make a spot for headbands as well!

    I need to get some cute fabric but don't worry you will be getting one once I perfect this pattern I drew up in my head!

    ReplyDelete