Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photographers

We haven't had family pictures taken since my youngest daughter (now almost four) was a newborn. I don't want to go back to JC Penney Portrait Studios because that's lame, it's not us. I don't want to go sit in front of a black curtain and all say cheese. I want real photos that capture who we are as individuals and who we are as a family. I want to be outside in the sunshine having fun. I've searched google and facebook trying to find a local photographer, I've had a few recommended to me and I have narrowed it down to one my friend Ashley is going to be using soon. The reason for this post is because I was so shocked to find so many "Photographers" that have education or biographies that say, "I love taking pictures, this is my hobby and I am very talented." I think to myself, well good for them, I know what it's like to have a hobby and find out people are willing to pay for my work. But then I look at their photos which are on the same level as something my five year old daughter has taken, with very little to no editing and they are charging a $150 fee plus the cost of photos. This is crazy to me. I know it shouldn't bother me, because if somebody is willing to pay that kind of money then who am I to care, but I guess I am just offended that anybody can call themselves a photographer. It's like me calling myself a writer just because I have this blog. Haha.... Ok that is the end of my rant. Anyway, if anybody in the Olympia or Bremerton area has any recommendations for a GOOD photographer send me the link, I need to look at their photos before I even consider it! Thank you Ashley for your recommendation, I will most likely be using her!

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment