Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Orange Chicken

This is a recipe I threw together for orange chicken, it was too orangey so I changed it a little bit. If you make this please let me know what you think, I want feedback!

Orange Chicken

Photobucket

3 Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Flour
pinch of Salt
1/4 Cup frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, thawed
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar

Olive Oil

Mix flour and salt in a small bowl, set aside. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Coat frying pan with olive oil and heat to medium. In another bowl mix orange juice, brown sugar, ketchup and balsamic vinegar and set aside. Coat chicken in flour and cook in oil until cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, pour sauce mixture in, bring to boil while frequently stirring and reduce heat to low and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.

I served mine over rice and it would have been wonderful if I hadn't of used so much orange juice concentrate. (The amount I used was about 1/2-3/4 Cup, I think 1/4 Cup is a good amount to try.)

Enjoy!

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment