Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A trip down memory lane..

On Saturday we participated in our second annual MS Walk Northwest in Kitsap County. Luckily it wasn't raining and we completed our 3 miles in about 45-50 minutes. I was hoping we would be able to beat last years time of 40-45 minutes but I was in worse shape this year, but I am so proud of us. We raised $200 this year, last year we raised $150. I am so thankful to everybody who donated to our team!

After our walk we drove to Olympia, we had plans with family for the evening but we decided to grab lunch and head to the park since the sun was shining. The kids played and had a blast. We then drove out to my old neighborhood. I lived there from the time I was 8 years old until I was 20 when I got married and moved to South Carolina. My parents sold their house about a year after I moved away because they wanted to design and build a new home. We had a dog (she is about 15 years old now) named Yogi, she was a neighborhood dog. In the winter and during cold rainy nights she would sleep in the livingroom but for the most part she was just out roaming around the neighborhood. She had a dog BFF named Shadow who lived in the house across the cul-de-sac from us. When my parents moved they decided to leave Yogi with our neighbors, Shadow's owners because they knew she wouldn't do well in the city or without Shadow. Anyway, when we got to the old neighborhood I saw two signs in my old yard, "For Sale" and "For Rent", I knew this already and if we could, I'm pretty sure I could talk my husband into buying my old house, I love it so much, it's in a great area, great schools, lots of property.... but we already own a house and this market is just terrible for sellers right now. We also saw Yogi laying in the middle of the street. I got out of the car and walked up to her and was talking to her and petting her. It shocked me seeing how old she is but I felt like she remembered me, she was loving the attention. My youngest daughter and my husband got out of the car and she jumped up and hobbled off. She always was a big old chicken! It was good to see her and the old neighborhood, but it was hard seeing her so old and frail. It's not at all how I remember her. The last time I saw her was about 7 years ago though. I know my neighbors are taking amazing care of her and I know she has had a great life.

Ok, well that's it for today!

<3 Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment