Friday, April 1, 2011

Signs of Spring

The last couple of days we have had breaks in the rain and we have gone on some fun nature walks after dinner. Since the wetland trails are so close to us that is where we have gone recently. It is so beautiful there, when we are walking the trails I actually forget how much I hate the town that I live in! My favorite time of year to go there is in the summer when all the animals are out. I love seeing the baby ducks and geese. I got a few pictures from our nature walk yesterday evening and I thought I would share.

Photobucket

The entrance gate to the trails.

Photobucket

Walking through the swamp.

Photobucket

Evidence of beavers. I wanted to stay there all night until I saw them work!

Photobucket

The pretty trails.

Photobucket

There were tons of red winged black birds and they were all singing. It was so fun to watch them.

Photobucket

We brought bread to feed the geese but they were too far away. Luckily my camera has amazing zoom in capabilities!

Photobucket

My girls love running.

Photobucket

The beautiful Hood Canal from the wetlands.

Photobucket

My girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment