Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes = Love

Cupcakes are the hot new thing right now. I love them because they are small and for some reason I feel better about myself after I eat a cupcake, but if I eat a piece of cake I feel like I just gained 10 pounds from fat and sugar.

I am not satisfied with your basic white or chocolate cupcake, I need something exciting and different! I have tried cupcakes from a few different local stores and surprisingly I found the QFC bakery sells some of the best I have tried in the area.

My oldest daughter is about to turn five, I'm trying not to get started on that, that is a whole different blog post that will be coming soon. This weekend we had her birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, her and her friends had so much fun, it's always an adventure there! Anyway, I found a baker via Facebook who makes cupcakes, after browsing her pictures and trying not to drool all over my laptop I decided I was ordering cupcakes from her for my daughters birthday party. After about thirty minutes I was able to decide on two flavors for the party. I picked hot fudge sundae because I knew the birthday girl would flip for them, and I picked chocolate raspberry thinking the adults might like a chocolate option. It was so hard to not test a few the night before the party, they looked so wonderful! Overall the cupcakes were great, I was impressed with the price, the way they looked and the way they tasted. Hot fudge sundae was the winner by far with a cute scoop of frosting, topped with some hot fudge, sprinkles and topped with a cherry! The chocolate raspberry was very good, I am not usually a fan of chocolate cake, it's too rich and just not my thing, but the raspberry butter cream frosting was absolutely delish! Overall everybody was very happy with the cupcakes.

I will be ordering cupcakes from Sweet Charley B's Cupcakery in June for my younger daughters 4th birthday party, I cannot wait to try a few new flavors! If you are in the Olympia area you should look for them on Facebook!


<3
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment